Please read below the job description and details on how to apply. We look forward to meeting you.
EnCorps advocates for STEM educational equity. Anchored in our belief that traditionally under-represented students belong in STEM, we prepare STEM role models to educate and inspire students who lack equitable access to a high-quality science, technology, engineering and math education.
We do this by directly connecting highly effective STEM professionals with public school students to counter the systemic injustice preventing children in under-resourced communities from accessing a high-quality STEM education. The EnCorps Teachers Program recruits, selects and supports STEM professionals and experts as STEM teachers teaching in under-resourced communities. The STEMx Tutors Program matches middle school students (currently underperforming in math) with volunteer STEM professionals, experts, and STEM college students, to increase math skills and confidence in math and academics before entering high school.
In the past 16 years, we have developed 1400 educators and we are rapidly growing with ambitious goals to bring more STEM professionals into the education field. We are looking for a mission-aligned and goal-driven outreach and marketing lead who will lead and support our outreach (recruitment) team. You must not be afraid to try new things and share out openly about failure and success. We are a small but mighty team. You might have to wear multiple hats from time to time and you must love problem solving in real time. The work is hard but also really rewarding. Especially when you hear success stories like these: https//encorps.org/news/blog/.
As the Director of Outreach & Marketing, you are a key member of the EnCorps Leadership Team. In collaboration with EnCorps’ Executive Director, as well as the National Program Director and the Director of Strategy and Impact, you will set the recruitment goals and devise the outreach plan in order to meet those goals. You will leverage your marketing and communications acumen as well as lead generation know-how to attract qualified candidates to the EnCorps Programs. You have experience with creating web-to-lead workflows as well as understand what is needed to effectively move an applicant through the qualifying process. You have a proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
Outreach / Recruitment:
- Set recruitment goals and identify strategies and tactics to meet them
- Create monthly Salesforce reports to goal and if needed, identify changes to meet goals
- With the collaboration of other members of Leadership Team, identify key partners and build mutually-beneficial relationships
- Oversee & manage the three-person recruitment team
- Develop a partnership strategy focused on professional organizations, universities and corporations
- Lead outreach efforts specific to new partnerships
- Manage partnerships (track engagement data as well as capture impact stories)
Marketing / Communications
- Create, manage and report on success of marketing strategies
- Define social media and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Manage marketing agency
- Update website (built on WordPress)
- Own the content strategy and messaging
- Write and/or direct freelance writer to create:
- Press Releases
- Blog posts
- Impact reports
- Video script / creative briefs
- Web content
- Marketing collateral as needed
- Quarterly newsletter
- Pitch emails to partners, press and potential candidates
- Manage the EnCorps brand
- Manage internal communications
- Take ownership of budget
- Excellent writing skills supported by portfolio of diverse content
- Proven track record of successful lead generation and management campaigns
- Minimum of five years building, motivating and managing a team
- Ability to leverage technology, including Google Analytics, Salesforce, email marketing tool, social media platforms and WordPress
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment
- Understand the public education system and the challenges faced by students in under-resourced communities
- Unwavering belief in STEM educational equity
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Knowledge of education advocacy organizations and legislative process a plus
Position Start Date: Jan 2, 2024
Benefits of Working at EnCorps:
Be part of a hard-working and entrepreneurial culture with fun and passionate people, where your ideas and opinions matter!
● Work from home and create your own schedule around the 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST core hours;
● You will be equipped with tools from EnCorps including a cell phone and laptop;
● Mileage reimbursement;
● Salary $100,000 – 110,000 depending on experience;
● 3 weeks of PTO and most US national holidays paid time off (including a week off at the end of calendar year);
● Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plan paid by employer;
● 401k plan after one year.
All EnCorps employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and state how you heard about this opportunity, by Nov 15, 2023 at HR@encorps.org. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position, which can be addressed to Human Resources.
In your cover letter, please include the following:
- After exploring our website and social media channels, tell us what you think are our 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses (or missed opportunities).
EnCorps is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.
EnCorps is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.