Our application for the 2018 Cohort will open in August 2017.
EnCorps Fellows come from a diverse range of STEM industries, but share a core commitment to public service and teaching in high need communities, either as a volunteer tutor or as a full time educator. They are lifelong learners who inspire a love of STEM in others and who believe that all students can achieve.
Qualified applicants for the EnCorps Fellowship must:
- Currently live in an area we serve (San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego)
- Have at least 3 or more years of full time work or research experience as a STEM industry professional
- Be fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
- Hold an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Not currently hold a California single subject or CTE teaching credential
EnCorps is a selective program, accepting 17.4% of applicants as Fellows in 2015-16. Our research-based approach to screening and selecting candidates prioritizes the following competencies:
Leadership and Influence
Achievement in STEM Fields
Resilience / Grit
Growth Mindset / Lifelong Learning Orientation
Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity